Our iconic beach location and recently refurbished property is the inspiration for our fun and energetic upscale lifestyle Hotel.
We are seeking a Demi Chef to join our Kitchen team to achieve our vision to bring a modern cooking style with twists on French cuisine utilizing seafood and seasonal products. The position requires someone who is highly adaptable, has strong initiative and a disciplined approach to the running of the kitchen. The role requires a creative flair and supportive management style and reports directly into the Sous Chef. Responsibilities include:
- Assist with the creative direction of the restaurant
- Assisting with the management of kitchen functions and food production for our Restaurant and Room Service to deliver innovative, safe food
- Compliance to food handling, WH&S and kitchen mechanics standards to NSW regulations
- Works in conjunction with the Food & Beverage management team to ensure quality product and service
- Support development, engagement and training of kitchen brigade
- Ordering & stock control using Purchase Plus system
What we are looking for
- An experienced Chef with a creative flair
- Possess sound knowledge of food hygiene practices, HACCP and WHS legislation
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- A positive attitude and passion for food
- Flexibility to work early mornings, including week-ends and Public Holidays as per our business demands
- Proven ability to work unsupervised when required
Want the perks of….
• Working in a beachside location… morning beach walks anyone?
• Work Your Way – We adjust to your lifestyle and meet you where you are
• Wellness benefits including Employee Assistant Program, Birthday day off and discounted GYM membership
• Learn Your Way – Personal development plans and career progression
• Incredible discounts across all Accor properties and restaurants (up to 70% discount!)